Monday, June 20, 2011

Out in America

Thai Pavilion at Olbrich Gardens

Just popping in from my summer exploits (which include working, interning and taking the GRE)* to comment on a show I recently watched on PBS, Out in America. My mind has been on long term relationships and how they stand the test of time. These are a few notable quotes from the show.

"I'm kind of the culinary Jew in the house, and if she is willing to clean up the oil that I use that ends up all over the stove and not complain about it, then I don't know what love is. I also like to quilt, and when I hear a cry of pain from the other room because she's stepped on a needle that I dropped, and she doesn't say anything, then I don't know what love is."

"We've been together for the better part of 40 years, and to say that we still like each other is a significant accomplishment."

*gah. The GRE. At least I don't have to think about it until next Wednesday.

2 comments:

http://gypsyroxylee.wordpress.com/ said...

Jess, my mind is often on long term relationships and how they stand the test of time. So far I'm still trying to figure it out. I have yet to see this show but I have to agree it does look promising!So different from anything I'm used to! :)

bakerbynature said...

love is an amazing bond, and those that stand the biggest test which is the long term, always bring a smile to my face and hope to my heart.